Engineering - Systems
Type of Position
The Test Facilities Operation, Maintenance and Engineering (TFOME) team at the NASA Glenn Research Center providesengineering and technical services in the areas of aeropropulsion and space propulsion and power test facilities. TFOME management is dedicated to excellence in service and to providing outstanding technical opportunities for our employees. We specialize in providing unique products and services to NASA Glenn. We are currently seeking Software Developer candidates to join our team as part of the TFOME team at the NASA Glenn Research Center.
FUNCTION OF POSITION: Develop the new NASA Glenn Research Center large-scale data acquisition system (COBRA) by integrating existing and developing new, innovative methods and techniques which will assist researchers with the analysis of aeronautical and space systems data.
1. Work alongside NASA and contractor system developers and programmers to integrate NASA-specific requirements into a commercial data acquisition system.
2. Develop, test and debug Multi-threaded applications.
1) Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
2) One (1) year relevant work experience in C++ Computer Programming preferred.
3) Proficiency in C++, Object Oriented programming concepts and developing Graphical User Interfaces.
4) Demonstrable knowledge of cross-platform development and Linux operating systems, and the ability to effectively exploit OS attributes (MS Windows and Linux).
5) Proficiency in developing, testing and debugging Multi-threaded applications.
6) Knowledgeable in Client/Server Software Development.
7) Must have a strong background in engineering, physics or a related discipline.
8) Knowledge of test plan development, Qt in developing Graphical User Interface and data acquisition system techniques is a plus.
9) Proficiency with assembly language (Intel x86) and experience with complex system architectures is a plus.