Oversees the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned geography; providing leadership within the location(s) as assigned. Acts as the liaison between customer, operations, CSRs, and the support team.
Key Job Activities:
1) Customer 1st:
• Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times.
• Manage route scheduling to ensure all scheduled customers will be serviced by end of day. Redirect manpower and resources as required, in order to service customers on routes that may have operational difficulties (i.e., vehicle breakdown, vehicle accident, or completely full truck).
• Manage driver debrief process for every route. Ensure there is documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc.) for every customer transaction. Update route comments as required.
• Maintain a high standard of customer service as measured by key metrics (on-time, no missed stops, loyalty, etc.).
• Manage open order report to resolve service issues.
• Manage the SAP cancellation process for customers cancelling contracts before the stated CSA end date.
• Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback.
• Conduct customer visits to review service.
• Manage customer interaction records to resolve service issues.
2) Company Growth:
• Monitor operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
• Monitor department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
• Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
• Manage route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDT’s and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
• Monitor routes to improve route efficiency.
3) Team Member Development:
• Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff: Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
• Establish and communicate performance standards and objectives; conduct performance appraisals.
• Recommend salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Coach employees on educational and job opportunities, to enhance career development and keep them informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
• Perform “ride a-longs”, ensuring CSRs operate and work safely, efficiently, productively, and deliver a high level of customer service.
• Conduct “spot checks” to re-enforce proper CSR behavior as well as communicate the value we bring to the customer.
• Perform pre-employment screening activities, new CSR orientation, reviews of CSRs and monthly safety meetings.
• Complete daily yard walk
• Track and input DOT hours/JJ Keller.
• Administer Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and safety.
• Monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
• Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings (i.e. monthly Safety, Committee, tailgate meetings).
• Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment. Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.