Job Title: Customer Host
Department: Asset Protection
JOB SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position:
• Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
• Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
• Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
• Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
• Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
• Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
• Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position:
• Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
• Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
• Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
• Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
• Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print.
• Stands for long periods of time.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position:
• Moves over slippery surfaces in the work area as well as other areas that may become slippery during inclement weather.
• Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
• Works overnight as required.
• Works varying shifts as required.
• Meets applicable state requirements to work in Asset Protection, such as, minimum age, specialized training, certification and/ or licensing.
• Passes an enhanced criminal background check.
• 1 year of experience in Security, Military, Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice.
• Degree in (or in pursuit of) Criminal Justice or other applicable field.
Medical Insurance, Paid Sick Days, Stock Options, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation,401 K Plan
Criminal Background and Drug Screen