Cousino Restoration is a family owned and operated emergency response contracting business with over 44 years of experience restoring homes and businesses throughout Ohio and Michigan. We pride ourselves on personal and professional service! We’re in the business of restoring lives. Sound interesting? Visit www.cousinorestoration.com for more information about who we are and what we do.
The Cousino Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to offering opportunities to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone because of national origin, ancestry, age, race, color, physical or mental disability, sex, religion, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
We currently are seeking an entry level Carpenter interested in learning and working in the trades. Individual will work closely with our experienced Carpenters on customer projects. Candidate must have two years of carpentry/construction experience, be punctual, thorough, fast and eager to learn. For the right candidate, this position could provide long-term, steady work with opportunities to grow with the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist, observe and learn with our crews on customer job sites
- Safely operate hand and power tools
- Clean up job site, ensure equipment and building materials are secure at the end of the day
- Follow crew lead instruction on site, assisting with construction related tasks
- Provide customer service while working under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed and provide a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements
- Attend all Cousino Restoration sponsored training courses
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of carpentry/construction experience required
- Restoration experience preferred
- Work within a team, or independently
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge and experience with basic hand and power tools (must have basic hand tools)
- Math skills including using a tape measure, calculating angles
- Basic computer/tablet skills
- Ability to work evenings, on call, and weekends when requested
- Valid driver license
- Background check and drug screen required
- Operates mostly in the field at work sites/client locations, sometimes in our Warehouse
- Sustained periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending, or kneeling
- Frequent lifting, assisted and unassisted depending on weight limitations
- Confined or limited spaces, providing limited access or mobility at times
- Heights over 5 feet, when necessary
Cousino Restoration offers competitive wage/benefit package. Wage rate will be based on experience, in addition we offer medical, dental and life insurance; 401k; paid vacation and holidays, we provide our team training opportunities and a career path development plan. We treat our employees like family and we take care of family. If interested, please apply!