About the Job
STR Holdings, Inc., (OTCMKTS: STRI), a pioneer in solar interlayer products, was founded in 1947 as a firm specializing in polymer R&D and application science.
STR is currently setting up a state-of-the-art solar interlayer production facility in Northwest OH and is seeking a Process Engineer. This new factory will produce solar products to exacting specifications for distribution within North America, and will operate on a 24/7 schedule.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical degree in engineering or chemistry or a related field, and is a process owner. Will measure, analyze and report on key process parameters while driving efficiency through improvements. Development of work instructions, time, and motion studies. Candidate will interface with Quality, Plant Manager and others to maximize efficiency and productivity, avoid losses and waste, participate in capital improvement projects, equipment troubleshooting.
- Continually identifies critical areas of the manufacturing process that need improvement based on quality, productivity, and safety
- Implements process controls
- Conducts process analysis and troubleshooting
- Utilizes and implements various data collection tools to determine process limitations and capabilities
- Conducts online testing to optimize process settings
- Specifies critical process inputs and provides a wide range of documentation in the form of written work instructions to be used by production workers
- Responsible for implementing controls to minimize production scrap
- Researches/designs, tests, and evaluates new process improvements
- Must be strong in SPC, 6 sigma, 5S, communications, plastic sheet extrusion, HSE, Allen Bradley Studio 5000