Solutions By Design II, LLC is searching for a Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Specialist to work the first shift as a member of a Video Operations Center to perform technical duties related to administration and end-user support for VTC infrastructure, endpoint devices and video streaming.
- Manage video conferences and VTC systems using the TelePresence Management Suite (TMS).
- Use Tandberg/Cisco Video Teleconferencing Architecture to include infrastructure equipment configuration and dial plan infrastructure
- Use Infrastructure equipment to include Codian MCUs, VCS Control, VCS Expressway, ISDN Gateways, and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
- Support video streaming (live and on demand streaming)
- Use VBrick Video Streaming solution (Vbrick VEMS, Encoders, Video On Demand Server [VODS])
- Responsible for multicast routing and protocols (ROUTING: PIM Sparse Mode, PIM Dense Mode, PROTOCOLS: IGMP, MSDP)
- Remotely troubleshoot Tandberg/Cisco VTC units located at the various sites around the country.
- Use TMS software to setup and configure Video Teleconference units, upgrade phone books, and firmware on both Tandberg and Cisco VTC units.
- Perform required maintenance of all VTC equipment including patching, upgrades.
- Develop Engineering Change Plans (ECP's) and Standard Operating (SOP) Procedures for VTC equipment.
- Configure and install Cisco Equipment (VCS Gatekeepers, Codian MCU, TMS, and Cisco VTC Units).
- Consult with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs.
- Analyze forecast numbers and models to forecast traffic requirements and capital costs for system.
- Assist with developing and overseeing the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Provide assistance in the scheduling, planning, coordinating, and operation of VTC equipment.
- Provide technical knowledge related to configuration and installation of VTC devices including: MCU, gatekeeper, management server and endpoint units.
- Provide support for all hardware and software related requirements for various VTC sites, including room-based VTC systems and desktop VTC units.
Required Experience and Certifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical support role, preferably with exposure to VTC systems and Cisco equipment.
- Bachelor's degree is required. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of experience is acceptable.
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Must be willing to work the first (day) shift.
- Must be a US Citizen with either a current DoD Secret with SSBI (T5 investigation) or DoD Top Secret security clearance.