The Hematology/Oncology Account Specialist (HAS) will have a variety of responsibilities, ranging from promoting Pfizer’s product portfolio (currently Bosulif for chronic myelogenous leukemia with potential to expand to cover inotuzumab ozogamicin for acute lymphoblastic leukemia, which recently received Break Through Therapy Designation from the FDA, as well as other hematology pipeline products) to health care providers and specialists, to educating members of the healthcare community regarding the appropriate use of Pfizer products, to calling on accounts and organized customers to help improve patients’ experience with Pfizer products, as well as the overall quality of patient care delivered. The HAS plays a critical role in increasing Pfizer’s brand with high-value target customers by linking an insightful assessment of the account and/or business landscape with a strong understanding of Pfizer’s products and resources.
The ideal candidate will be based in Columbus, OH. Major accounts are in the and territory will cover Columbus, OH.
• Promote products in competitive market and launch new products
• Strong knowledge of high science disease states, therapeutic areas, and products
• Deep knowledge of applicable customers and markets (prescribers/HCPs/institutions/ organizations)
• Generate demand for Pfizer products in assigned accounts
• Strategic account selling and management skills. Develop comprehensive territory/account/customer plans to drive achievement of desired objectives.
• Maintain relationships throughout institutions/accounts
• Overcome obstacles to gain access to difficult to see health care providers and customers.
• Assess needs of target physicians/accounts; Address needs with responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 4 years of previous Pharmaceutical Sales experience required, preferably in highly competitive, specialty categories
• 3-5 years of Hematology/Oncology sales experience preferred, especially experience with oncology IV products
• Product launch experience preferred
• Experience working large geography preferred
• Institutional sales, rare disease experience and work with large, complicated group practices preferred
• Substantial experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
• Proven ability to cultivate relationships with KOLs; build lasting relationships with top priority customers
• A demonstrated track record of success and accomplishment with previous pharmaceutical sales experience.
• Exceptional aptitude for learning and ability to communicate highly technical and scientific product and disease management information to a wide range of customers
• Demonstrated high degree of business acumen
• Proficiency using complex sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer’s long range technology model in bringing relevant Pfizer information to market.
• Superior selling, technical and relationship building skills
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 27th, 2017
Additional Location Information: Columbus, OH
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.