The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
The Application Support Intern offers practical work experience in a wide range of IT disciplines, including:
- Application support and troubleshooting
- IT process design and implementation
- Technical IT projects
- IT security
The Application Support Intern will gain valuable experience working in the IT department of one of the world's most successful defense contractors. Will work in a highly complex IT environment, interacting with IT Staff and engaging on technical projects to help solve real business challenges.
Candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Candidate must currently be attending a university or college and enrolled in an undergraduate program in the Computer Sciences or Management Information Systems
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidate must preferably have overall GPA of 3.0
- Candidate must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a three-month assignment and work full time for the duration.
- Familiar with Microsoft tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Understands Information Technology security concepts
- Able to think and react quickly to rapidly changing situations
- Knowledge of computer network infrastructure and operating system concepts
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of application programming concepts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
To Apply: Complete online application at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_generaldynamics/external/search/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=9258&localeCode=en-us