Job Title: Refractory Technician
Worksite Location: Middletown, OH 45044
How to Apply:
Apply to HarbisonWalker International using the following information:
Apply online at:
Email Resume to Wendy at:
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
At HWI our Refractory Service Technicians support HWI’s mission and vision to drive industry performance and deliver quality results. This role has the critical responsibility of providing quality safe installation and service of refractory products to ensure the readiness of our customer’s equipment. Our refractory service technicians’ have the ability to assess situations and make judgement calls based on the zoning and construction needs of our clients. This role will work with HWI’s customers and service representatives to determine the tasks that need to be completed and will be responsible for prioritizing those tasks as well as conduct post-mortem tear-outs of refractory products and reviews with the sales team.
- Actively demonstrates and promotes safety and a safe work environment and holds themselves and co-workers accountable to drive a best in industry safety culture.
- Audits and observes to ensure our product meets or exceeds quality standards. Owns Quality Control compliance for their assigned working area
- Analyzes equipment operations, performance, and problems and secures resources to ensure issues are resolved quickly and properly.
- Partners with maintenance to solve equipment changes and problems.
- Actively participates in report out and production meetings.
- Ability to effectively receive and decipher both ambiguous and direct/detailed instructions, provides innovative solutions, and both work independently or as a team member.
- Requires general supervision, usually operating alone using standard procedures and requesting guidance when in doubt.
- Effective communication skills to accurately provide and receive information; acting as a liaison between customers, sales team, and operations.
- Requires a high school diploma. (Some Technical or College courses preferred.)
- Understanding of computer software, hardware, and printers.
- Proficient with MS Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook – one (1) year
- Understanding of basic safety/OSHA standards
- Some mechanical aptitude.
Refractory knowledge helpful.
Details: Full-Time, 1st shift.
Wage: $19.50 – $24.00/hour
Available Benefits: 401(k), Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays, Vacation
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5