Supports customers' network environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team, headquartered in West Chester, OH and Bloomfield Hills, MI. Provides support, incident management, problem management and change management for network devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs break/fix troubleshooting, server/software updates and feature enhancements to networking devices (firewalls, switches, ASA etc).
- Works closely with external vendors such as Cisco, AT&T, Verizon, etc. in troubleshooting hardware and circuit issues.
- Creates and maintains technical and process documentation for troubleshooting purposes.
- Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, problem and change management processes in place for each customer when working to resolve customer requests or outages.
- Responds and solves customer issues utilizing technology tools, procedures, and training through awareness of service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support customer as well as expanding any service offering to current customers.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field.
Experience / Technical Requirements
- 4 years of experience in network operations center or equivalent network support team.
- Experience with following network technologies:
- Cisco, switch/route, ASA, IPT, UCC, UNITY
- VPN Technologies
- Data/Voice circuits
- Load Balancer familiarity
- Experience working in ITIL-based incident tracking system (Service-Now, CA Service Desk, etc).
- Understanding of network monitoring tools and technologies.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA A+ / CompTIA Network+
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to execute tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision and with sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize to meet critical SLA deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interaction skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and technical/business communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate requests from multiple customers and Logicalis Account Executives and respond in timely fashion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.