Job Title: Bake Shop Help
Worksite Location: Navarre, Ohio 44662
Number of Job Openings: 25
How to Apply: APPLY DIRECT IN PERSON to the employer Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm at:
Alfred Nickles Bakery, Inc.
15 North Main Street
Navarre, Ohio 44662
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Be part of the Nickles Bakery Team! Since 1909, our team members produce the finest bread, buns, sweet goods & specialty items. We are currently accepting applications for entry-level positions at the Navarre, Ohio automated production facility.
SUMMARY: An entry level position for production and finish jobs. Responsible for various assigned manual labor skills including the moving, grasping, lifting, placing, and stacking of items relating to the production and finish process. Identifies, counts, sorts and inspects items. Maintains work flow from conveyors. Operates equipment, as assigned.
- Pulls proper product pans weighing 7 to 10 pounds and feeds them onto a conveyor system. Prepares pans as instructed with liners, grease, or lids. Hand deposits dough pieces in pans or liners as instructed. Turns "white caps" in donut fryer, etc. Removes baked product from oven and hot dump or stage for cooling.
- Takes pans out of system at the end of a production run, stacks on a pan truck, inverts top pan, and stacks off cycled lids. Rolls pan trucks to and from a designated storage area. Checks pans for foreign material. Removes damaged pans or lids from use and places in designated area for repair or disposal.
- Performs visual inspection of product, counts as required, separates and/or removes product that is below standard or damaged. Inspects for proper package appearance, sealing, price markings, and labels. Assists in setting up guides or diverters, assembles coating, filling, glazing, icing, and topping machines so that varieties can be run to order. Works at packaging stations to bag, box, or otherwise package varieties of finished goods.
- Places finished product on racks awaiting final wrap or on cardboard stock for entry to wrapping equipment. Palletizes and/or trays and stacks product weighing 12 to 15 pounds to heights of seven (7) feet. Racks palletized product and rolls racks to staging areas in shipping.
- Performs general sanitation duties to clean equipment, walls, floors, ceilings, and outside areas. Climbs ladders and works from platforms and elevated areas such as tops of proof boxes, ovens, and coolers.
- Removes equipment jams and racks product when required.
- Adheres to lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Assures adequate supply of packing material and containers, pallets and racks for the production run. Pre-stages orders on the sending line.
Details: This is a full-time position (40 to 48 hours per week). Starting wage range is $10.58 to $11.75 per hour, based on experience, skills & abilities. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, any day of the week or any shift.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old. Manufacturing experience with varying shifts helpful. Will perform repetitive tasks following simple instructions. Must be dependable & reliable & have good dexterity. Must be able to work at a fast pace & have good communication & basic arithmetic skills. Must be physically fit & able to do the job, which includes a lot of bending, reaching, twisting/turning & lifting in the workplace. Must be able to do light lifting up to 20 pounds. Must be able to work in hot conditions. Must be able to follow instructions.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package (upon hire-in): Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Contributions, Life & Disability Insurance, 9 Paid Holidays per year, Funeral Leave, & 401K
Pre-Employment Testing: Employment Test (Basic Math) after hire.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1