Job Title: Library Assistant – Village | Grade 10 | Part-time – 22-24 hrs.wk. | FLSA status |Non-Exempt
Location: Village Branch, 1123 Sunset Avenue, Springfield, Ohio
Under the general supervision of the Branch Manager, the Library Assistant – Branch provides quality customer service to patrons of all ages and assists with maintaining the branch collections.
Branch operates six (6) days a week; position includes evenings and Saturdays.
- 1. Completed CCPL Employment Application (Available at library locations or online at: CCPL Employment Application – 2 formats available). 2. Cover Letter 3. Résumé 4. Three (3) professional references
Complete and accurate submission of materials required
SUBMIT: by mail or in a sealed envelope to any CCPL location, addressed to:
William Martino, Director’s Office, Clark County Public Library, PO Box 1080, Springfield OH, 45501-1080
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – Review of complete, accurate submissions begins immediately upon receipt.
Minimum EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service and/or Library experience preferred
- Able to learn and assist patrons with usage of the library’s resources
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Cash-handling experience preferred
- Working knowledge of various digital devices, Microsoft Windows, Internet, email
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and Saturdays. Branch operates six (6) days a week.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions and/or for the interview process. View the Position Description for detailed physical requirements
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See Position Description for more detail)
- Provide prompt, accurate assistance for patrons in utilizing library resources and services
- Maintain knowledge of available materials, services, and patron reading preferences
- Maintain familiarity with various technologies, including the Online Public Access Catalog, children’s computer stations, digital devices, gaming systems, etc.
- Checkout patrons and assist with the use of digital library materials and public computer stations
- Maintain computerized patron accounts and respond to patron requests in person and over the telephone;; collect and record fines and fees; reconcile and prepare bank deposits; prepare and issue library cards; help resolve patron account issues
- Assist with library programming as assigned
- Assist with maintaining the Branch’s collection: shelving, mending, shifting, and organizing library materials; maintaining orderliness of shelves, furniture and displays
- Interact appropriately with patrons and staff and adhere to library guidelines and procedures
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $12.46 per hour. Ohio Public Employees Retirement System membership; two (2) wks. vacation, holidays, and sick leave, in accordance with CCPL Personnel Manual guidelines; Ohio Deferred Compensation (457) Plan membership available. Direct Deposit required, pursuant to O.R.C. 125.151(B)
Omission of requested materials may disqualify applicant