TITLE: Income Maintenance Caseworker 1
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $15.90 to $16.40
If you are looking for a rewarding career in Human Services and you want to make a difference in the lives of others by providing support to the citizens of Allen County, then an Income Maintenance Caseworker job is for you.
This is a full-time employment opportunity. You will interact with clients first hand, face to face or via telephone.
- Processes interactive interviews with client to re-determine ongoing eligibility for assistance programs, related medical programs, Medicaid, and public assistance Food Stamps.
- Responsible for assistance programs, related medical programs, Medicaid and Food Stamps caseload, telephone calls, and client interviews.
- Refers clients to other Agency units when appropriate (Social Services, STEPS, etc.).
- Interviews clients to re-determine eligibility for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
- Conducts interactive interviews, primarily in the agency and may include visits in clients’ home.
- Maintains case data through applicable systems.
- Completes all forms necessary for maintaining caseload and for computer matches, desk review, etc.
- Completes referral forms for overpayments and under issuances.
- Provides quality customer service and updates cases as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours a day PLUS PAID LUNCH
- Must have a passion in helping others.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred (business management, business administration, human services, social services, etc.).
- Must have the ability to problem solve and not be intimidated by challenges.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
To learn more about Allen County Job and Family Services, please visit our website at www.acjfs.org
To Apply: Please send resumes to Jacob.Larger@jfs.ohio.gov