DEMSI provides professional services such as engineering, architecture, project management, and environmental consulting to FEMA and other government agencies in order to help restore communities affected by disasters. It is our mission to provide an unwavering commitment of exceptional service to employees and clients alike.
Future Opportunities with FEMA
DEMSI is currently seeking Site Inspectors in support of FEMA disaster relief efforts across the United States. Are you wanting to give back to communities? Do you want to travel across the country and have the travel expenses covered? DEMSI has ongoing needs for engineering opportunities in support of FEMA’s Public Assistance program. Potential deployment locations include TX, LA, NM, OK, AR, CO, UT, WY, MT, SD, ND, MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, IN, OH.
What you will be doing:
These deployments will require individuals with specific technical expertise to conduct site inspections on sites with major damage (e.g., destroyed facilities; facilities with extensive damage; facilities with significant damage to mechanical, electrical and plumbing components, etc.) to document disaster-related damage. These individuals will conduct site inspections to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection to include the following additional tasks:
• Reviewing and analyzing professional architectural/engineering reports and designs or as-built plans
• Thoroughly documenting analyses in writing
• Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
• Validating applicant-provided scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
• Developing and reviewing cost estimates
• Advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process.
• Should arbitration hearings occur, testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf.
Conducts evaluations and performance audits of EPA's programs to assess how well the programs are working. Examines root causes, effects, and opportunities leading to conclusions and recommendations that influence systemic changes and promote improved delivery of the Agency's mission.
* Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
* Ability to commit to 6 or 12-month assignments (You decide what assignments you’re interested in)
* Ability to travel
* Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* US Citizen
Every year, the continental US is affected by major hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, snowstorms, and wildfires. This causes tremendous damage to infrastructure and our communities. At DEMSI, we understand the increasing need for recovery efforts and strive to provide solutions to deal with the aftermath of these disasters.
DEMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
DEMSI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.