General Dynamics Land Systems is hiring a Tool and Gauge Layout Inspector. This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma with a Journeyman’s Card and 7-10 years’ experience.
This UAW-represented position requires the successful candidate to perform the following tasks and duties:
- Inspect all tools, including special cutting tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures and check and job shops or produced in the plant tool and die shop.
- Ascertain by comparison the universally accepted standards and by measurement with precision instruments that there are no errors in the tool, no deviations from specifications and that the parts to be produced or measured by the tool will be accurate and acceptable in production.
- Use Johansson Blocks, micrometers, comparators, master gauges, and similar inspection and measuring tools.
- Requires a general tool making background, a knowledge of cadenced mathematics and of production and inspection equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a U. S. citizen
- Must obtain unescorted facility access through process administered by Department of Army
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a Toolmaker journeyman's card or 8 years documentable experience
- Must possess advanced mathematics knowledge and skills
- Able to operate overhead cranes
- Must be able to read blueprints and interpret drawing requirements to determine if the product meets drawing or work instruction requirements
- Strong preference will be given for personnel with a strong GD&T knowledge and who have programmed computerized measuring machines
- Knowledge / understanding of Windows-based PC systems and software
- Ability to function in a team-based environment and be a self-starter
Working Conditions & Environment:
- Climbing up and down ladders
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and crawling
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing
- May be assigned to off-shift
- Overtime may be required
- Exposure to manufacturing environments containing noise, odors, temperature changes, lubricants, and moving equipment
To Apply: Complete online application at: