OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Pharmacy Tech candidates for large grocery store chain.
Functions as a member of the Pharmacy team, using correct processes, procedures and technology to provide excellent customer service while assisting the Pharmacist in dispensing medications. Performs all data entry activities for new prescriptions as well as other computer functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Providing quality customer service is an essential component of every position within Daves Supermarket stores. Each position serves its own group of customers, which may consist of consumers, co-workers, vendors and business associates. As much care should be given to handling our internal “customers”, as the ultimate consumer.
- Enter new prescriptions into the system, including billing to third parties, compounds, calculations and free formed prescriptions.
- Fill/refill prescriptions by retrieving/matching prescription to medication and counting the correct quantity to ensure patient receives accurate medication.
- Conduct/process Drug Utilization Reviews (“DUR’s”) in conjunction with Pharmacist.
- Complete the transfer prescription form to prepare transfers for the pharmacist.
- Re-bill, call and follow up on rejected insurance claims to allow adjudication.
- Process Medical Expense reports for patients.
- Use pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and customer service at drop-off, will call, phone, filling and order receiving including but not limited to:
Search for patients and profiles to Determine dates of fill and pick-up o Quote cash prices of prescriptions o Check on-hand counts of medications o Enter invoices
- Answer telephone to meet customer’s requests; file written prescriptions, shelve delivered medications and restock supplies daily.
- Follow all quality and customer service standards and initiatives.
- Comply with all Dave’s Markets and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine.
- Greet customers at service window. Receive prescriptions, and obtain any additional information required to initiate prescription-filling process and comply with all legal requirements.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures.
- Verify each counseling/insurance log for patient's signature to ensure forms are properly processed.
- Contribute as an effective associate and store member.
- Maintain neat and clean work environment to meet Company and government requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics - Using basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Language – Must be proficient in English. Reading, comprehending and understand the English language.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma (or GED/ High school equivalence Certificate) required
- Pharmacy Technician certification highly preferred but will consider individuals who are “ready for qualification exam.”
-Preference of current and valid CHPT
- 2+ years’ experience or a combination of education and experience
- Basic working knowledge of operating a computer
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time. The employee needs to frequently move about inside the pharmacy. They are frequently operating a computer to assist customers with the filling/refilling of prescription orders. The individual must occasionally position self to crouch, bend, and twist when preparing customer prescriptions with continuous reaching and simple grasping involved. They must be able to exchange accurate information when interacting with customers and other staff. The individual must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The person performing this job may be exposed to fluctuating temperatures inside the store.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255