POSITION TITLE: Direct Support Professional
- Full-Time (40 hrs./week)
- $11.00 per hour
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provides direct and immediate supervision and training to adults with disabilities.
- Provide direct and immediate supervision and training on an individual and/or group basis to enrollee(s), including implementing work/program related habilitation activities as designed on the IP and keeping area neat and orderly. In production areas, have a full knowledge of customer contract feasibilities and instructions assigned to work area and the quality system. Have the final responsibility for the accuracy of the count and quality of the work that leaved the area. Promote the state’s Employment First Initiative.
- Transport enrollees as scheduled. Assist individuals with getting to/from and on/off of the van/bus if needed. Assistance into/from the facility of destination could also be required.
- Assist individuals with personal needs such as diapering, toileting, clean up, eating and behavioral issues.
- Monitor sub-contract work as required in an effort to ensure employer criteria is being met.
- Complete and maintain all records necessary to running each area in an accurate, orderly and timely manner. These include transportation documentation, outcomes and objectives, documentation sheets and other required records, reports and schedules relative to individual programming. Utilize free time productively.
- Handle first aid needs of individuals served, referring all major medical needs to the nursing staff.
- Participate in In-Service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of required orientation program.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to be covered by Marimor insurance.
- Maintain appropriate certification/registration (including, but not limited to, CPR and First Aid).
- Satisfactory criminal background, Nurse Aid & Abuser Registry and Driving Abstract checks. Pass company required pre-employment drug test and DOT physical.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs., support and move enrollees in a safe manner, according to in-service training.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
CONTACT: Shannon Straley, HR – Marimor Industries, Inc.
419-221-1226 ext. 3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Email resume or letter of interest to email@example.com with “Direct Support Professional” in the subject line.