YMCA of Central Ohio
Job Title: School-Age Child Care (SACC) Site Director Job Code : 112
FLSA Status: Nonexempt Job Grade: 5
Reports to : Child Care Director or Assistant Director Revision Date: 8/9/13
POSITION SUMMARY: Establishes and promotes a cause driven program that is
safe, consistent, and academically stimulating environment at assigned child care site by performing
the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff
and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy
living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Oversees the daily program operations and staff supervision at assigned site (i.e.
maintenance of site, cleanliness, materials).
3. Assesses the needs, interests, and ability of the children in the program and adapts activities
to the needs/levels of each child. Integrates children into a group environment with team
4. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings with on-site staff.
5. Implements and actively participates in all daily activities, curriculum, and schedule in
cooperation with Site Director; including Y Kids Are Fit and Food and Fun,After School
homework assistance and following HEPA standards.
6. Familiarizes staff with and enforce ODJFS licensing rules and YMCA policies and procedures
7. Ensures the site's compliance with all ODJFS licensing requirements including keeping required
8. Supervises food program and daily site cleanup.
9. Maintains inventory and recommends purchases, replacement, or repair of equipment and
10. Maintains written records and reports as required on individual children.
11. Conducts program and licensing orientations for site staff.
12. Attends all staff meetings, child care workshops, specialized trainings and safety trainings as
13. Manages curriculum planning for assigned site; plans, supervises, develops and implements
programming, including (but not limited to) homework assistance, Y Kids Food and Fun
activities and YMCA curriculum requirements.
14. Maintains good relationships and communicates regularly with children, parents, school/host
staff, community and YMCA staff.
15. If applicable, complete duties as required by the Child and Adult Care Food program for your
16. If applicable, reviews Title XX pweb and portal to review swipes and payments; communicates
issues with registrar.
17. Completes all tracking and data collection for funding and projects as designated by
18. Participates in special events and branch activities.
19. Assists with the promotion of the YMCA Branch and school age child care programs to the
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement : Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working
relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness : Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting
policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed
goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth : Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal
feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical
knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date
knowledge and skills in technology.
● Must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours
of college coursework in child development, elementary education, or a related field;
experience supervising in a childcare setting; or equivalent combination of education and
experience determined by using Career Pathway level. Must meet ODJFS requirements for
● Must submit medical statement as required by ODJFS. Must obtain and
● keep current training certifications in first aid, communicable diseases, child abuse recognition
& prevention and CPR.
● Must attend and maintain inservice hours as required by ODJFS and YMCA guidelines.
● Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy
living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
● Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
● Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
● Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
● Must submit all required paperwork for ODJFS licensing. Must submit a staff medical
statement as required by ODJFS standards. Must obtain and keep current training
certifications in first aid, communicable diseases, child abuse recognition &
prevention as required by ODJFS. Must attend all necessary YMCA, child care and/or
grant related training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach
with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.