Following polices and strategic direction of the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation Allen County Regional Transit Authority (ACRTA) and ensuring that all components are running smoothly and efficiently. Duties include managing funding sources to maintain public transit operations that support the needs of the City, County and community at large.
The Executive Director is required to work with and at the pleasure of the Board of Trustees. Additional working relationships will include but not limited to all ACRTA personnel, funding entities, customers, and various government officials. Building strong partnerships within the community is a top priority.
Description of Duties:
- Oversee and monitor performance of all operational and administrative functions and institute necessary programs to improve efficiency and quality of worked performed
- Planning/Review of grant applications and is the responsible party for all Federal and State grants.
- Prepares and presents all policies for adoption by the ACRTA Board of Trustees and shares with the Board various procedures.
- Planning for all capital procurements with Board of Directors review and approval before submitted.
- Oversee and monitor key safety issues affecting the safety of passengers and employees and takes corrective action to resolve these concerns.
- Verifies and signs payroll checks and accounts payable checks.
- Direct monthly employee and staff meetings & communicates with all staff to assure that quality service is provided.
- Review and investigate as necessary accidents/incidents involving ACRTA personnel, ACRTA equipment and/or ACRTA passengers.
- Responsible for compliance with the Drug & Alcohol program, including all operating policies, procedures and regulations.
- Participate in the annual audits, Federal Transit Administration triennial reviews, Ohio Department of Transportation reviews and planning reviews with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Reviews grant schedules, budgets and develop the annual operating/capital budget for approval by the Board.
- Reviews annual depreciation schedule as prepared by Finance and monitors annual update of equipment list as required by FTA.
- Monitors annual inventory reconciliation. Approves annual PTMS (Public Transportation Management Systems) for ODOT which requires facilities, vehicle and equipment inventories with Finance/Operating team.
- Monitor/Review Quarterly Financial and Milestone progress reports to FTA and ODOT.
- Ensures compliance with required financial information for the production of the TIP (Transportation Improvement Program) and the TDP (Transportation Development Program).
- Attends various meeting local and statewide that help build support for ACRTA and its operations, as approved in the annual budget. This includes MPO meetings, OPTA meetings, OTRP meetings, and others as needed.
- Approves exception letter, certification letter and bus inventory for NTD (National Transit Database) report.
- Builds agency image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees while demonstrating strong and ethical business practices.
- Ensures compliance with all FTA, ODOT and local requirements as they relate to ACRTA operations.
- Maintain relationships with local governmental jurisdictions, neighborhoods and other key stakeholders for transit-oriented development.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, engineering, planning, or transportation management field
- Five years management and supervisory experience is required
- High degree of interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Must possess the ability to assist and relate to a diverse population
- Ability to comprehend federal and state regulations including ADA and TD requirements
- Experience in applying for and managing grants
- Skilled with experience in public speaking and presentations
- Must have a clean criminal background check
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug test
Salary based on experience and education.
Supplemental Essay Questions
In addition to submitting your resume, the Allen County Regional Transit Authority Board of Directors would like answers to the essay questions listed below, to obtain a better understanding of the direction and vision you have for ACRTA. Please limit your response to 1 page per question.
- Please outline with action steps describing what the first 90 days would like as the new ACRTA Executive Director.
- How would you approach a 5-10 year plan, and vision for ACRTA?
Submit essay questions, resume, and cover letter if you desire to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov by Saturday, 10/31/2020, at 5:00 p.m.