Build your future, while protecting theirs.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity, and strive for innovation in a changing world. Westfield’s IT organization is focused on enabling the company’s strategic priorities in collaboration with our business partners. We continue to transform and evolve with the business as we deliver new solutions to meet their needs. We leverage a mix of building new solutions using trailblazing new technologies and integration with top industry software products. Our innovative work is made possible by the stability of a company with a 170+ year history.
CL Product Research Analyst Job Summary
Salary Range: $57,870 – $75,230
Location: Westfield Center, OH or other remote work locations around the United States
The CL Product Research Analyst, working directly with the CL Product Senior Research Analyst, will perform product research to build a view of the commercial insurance marketplace, aligning customer needs to Westfield product and service enhancements focused on large commercial accounts.
The CL Product Research Analyst will monitor and compile consumer, competitor, and general industry data that help inform new market opportunities and existing product enhancements. The role will respond to research requests for various business partners across the enterprise.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Working directly with the Senior Research Analyst, completes assignments to support product development work.
* Completing research work for product development projects.
* Conducting legal and economic review of industries, bringing relevant issues to the attention of the Senior Research Analyst.
* Assists in building sector and line of business reports through preparing business intelligence data.
* Conducts industry research to understand customer pain points
* Complies information to benchmark Westfield products against competitors.
2. Gathers or works with third parties to collect intelligence on competitors’ products including rates, forms, coverages, risk selection criteria, customer service standards, market share, growth strategies, marketing incentives, and commission structures.
3. Develops, analyzes, and maintains sources of information used to gather and consolidate market data.
4. Performs general insurance market research for internal employees of Westfield, as needed, in alignment with the CL R&D processes to support new product development and new market entry.
5. Travels as needed to perform essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 2 or more years of experience working in the P&C insurance industry.
2. 1 or more years of experience in the following: CL insurance and/or insurance product development.
3. Experienced using Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel experience (e.g. pivot tables, utilizing vlookups, creating charts/graphs, formulas)
4. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
5. Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
6. Experience with SharePoint, and other standard office automation software packages.
7. Strong analytical skills including foundational understanding of insurance financial metrics.
8. Strong initiative and work management skills.
9. Research and development experience including working knowledge of product lifecycle management is a plus.
10. Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Business, or Marketing OR commensurate experience.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.