Senior Business & Science Intelligence Analyst
Date: Oct 7, 2020
Location:Columbus, OH, US, 43202
Company: American Chemical Society
CAS uses unparalleled scientific content, specialized technology and unmatched human expertise to help R&D organizations across Commercial, Government and Academic sectors create groundbreaking innovations that benefit the world. As the Scientific Information Solutions Division of the American Chemical Society, CAS manages the largest curated reservoir of scientific knowledge, and for 112 years, has helped innovators mine, assess and apply that information to keep businesses thriving. The CAS team is global, diverse, endlessly curious and strives to make actionable scientific insights accessible to innovators worldwide.
CAS is currently seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst. This position will be located in our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
Business Data Analysts are passionate about data and applying analytical methods while simultaneously understanding the business context in order to arrive at a solution. They provide complex database analytics and reporting services to internal business teams.
• Support the data analytics and insights projects including scientific research trending, content development, product management, and business analysis in scientific content products and services
• Play the role of analyzing scientific and business data, applying science domain knowledge, driving business results and solving business problems with data driven insights
• Work with internal functions, including IT, marketing, sales, product management, services, and scientific content, and external customers.
• Apply knowledge in scientific content and industry expertise, understand customer’s business problems, and illustrate business insights to serve internal and external customers by extracting meaningful business insights and recommending critical business solutions to guide customers in making data driven business decisions.
• Apply knowledge in data architecture and data analysis to establish a data analytics end-to-end process including querying data, integrating internal and external data, cleansing data, discovering trends and relationships, hypothesizing and telling stories, drawing insights, and recommending solutions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Advanced degree in Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field. A degree in science is strongly preferred.
• Experience in product and service development is preferred
• 10+ Years’ experience analyzing scientific content, crafting data stories, and mining business insights.
• Demonstrated ability to apply scientific domain knowledge and industrial insights to translating complicated models into actionable business insights.
• Experience visualizing and presenting data for stakeholders using Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI, Cognos, etc.
• Experience working with data architectures.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.).
• Experience working with teams – in person and virtually.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate value and benefits to external customers and internal stakeholders.
• Attention to detail, time management, strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to learn and expand in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel as required
Desired, but not required:
• Knowledge and experience in chemistry, drug discovery/development, or medical related industry
• Experience delivering analytics in a consulting role
CAS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans. Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future. EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Chemistry, Consulting, Computer Science, Database, Science, Technology, Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled