JOB SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Feed Plant Shift Supervisor, this position involves making agricultural animal feed and all of the related mill operations that go into making feed. Must be flexible to work different shifts or weekends if necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Note: The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive, and may be supplemented as necessary.)
• Reading and interpreting feed formulas
• Weighing out proper ingredients to be mixed for feed
• Mixing feed, additives, and medications in prescribed portions in a manner that ensures accuracy
• Bagging feed
• Stacking feed bags, up to and including, 65 pounds each
• Loading and unloading semis of bulk and bag products
• Operating forklift, feed mixer, bag sewing machine, pellet mill, and any other equipment necessary to fulfill orders
• Abide by the standards, rules, regulations and policies issued by regulatory agencies and the company, including the use of proper safety and personal protective equipment
• Maintain a clean and organized facility by completing assigned housekeeping duties
• Preparing in advance to work in constantly changing environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, odors and dust)
• Arrive each day on time mentally and physically ready to work and take directions
1. Perform all other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: All employees of the Company are responsible for working toward the corporate mission and all quality goals of the organization. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
TIME ALLOTMENT TO WORK OBJECTS AND EQUIPMENT: HOURS PER DAY
Operating machinery and equipment: As needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: HOURS PER DAY
Mental/Visual (mind/eye/hand coordination): 8 to 10
Standing: 8 to 10
Walk/sit/stoop/kneel/reach: As needed
Climbing ladders, stairs, bins and various heights up to and including 65’: As needed
Ability to work in dust/adverse weather conditions: Full shift/Seasonal
Lifting up to and including 65 lbs.: As needed
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, or equivalent (GED), required.
EXPERIENCE: One year general labor work or agriculture experience preferred, but not required. Knowledge of general forklift operation a plus.
SKILLS: Strong work ethic, time management, attention to detail and teamwork skills are required. Must strive for excellence in performance.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE: Must have a valid driver’s license.