SALARY RANGE: $105,421.00-$121,234.00-$137,047.00
LOCATION: Westfield Center, OH
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Sr Data and Analytics Professional Job Summary
The Sr Data and Analytics Professional leverages their business knowledge, analytics domain expertise, and data expertise to perform an extensive gap assessment of the organization. This individual will actively engage with the SB Functional Teams by participating in initiative shaping discussions, managing their expectations, and collaborating with partners across the enterprise. The Sr Data and Analytics Professional is responsible for conceptualizing and delivering the optimal analytical solution to meet business’s needs. They will also continuously monitor the performance of implemented solutions via KPIs, deliver valuable insights, and assist the Business in making data-driven fact-based decisions.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Performs capability gap assessment for functional areas of the business to assist in developing use cases for analytical solutions to business problems by leveraging knowledge of current state, current processes, future needs, industry trends, best practices, etc.
2. Provides strategy support through decision analytics and research including, but not limited to, executive summaries, hypothesis testing, data exploration, experimental design, operations research, and third-party insights.
3. Conducts comprehensive data analysis spanning internal and external data sources such as financial, competitor, marketplace, and third-party data analysis.
4. Builds end to end analytical solutions to solve complex business problems by designing, implementing and operationalizing automated data / insights delivery and processes at POS (Point of Sale), etc.
5. Builds and maintains learning models to support business use cases and ensure integration within Customer, Employee / Agency and Policy Planforms.
6. Prepares, cleanses, and manipulates high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources in order to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends.
7. Performs descriptive and diagnostics analysis to provide actionable insights for a range of business customers via effective data visualizations.
8. Engages and communicates with the business leaders through initiative shaping discussions, project status updates, and delivery on execution plans in a timely manner.
9. Performs post installation monitoring, ongoing business benefit impact, and capability performance tracking for Small Business.
10. Plays active role to teach, develop and enhance Data and Analytics Competency across the enterprise.
11. Collaborates with and leverages corporate shared services functions to bring the Small Business competitive strategy to life and achieve Small Business results; aligns with corporate governance while maintaining a singular focus on the small business customer. Builds and utilizes strong partnerships to drive alignment for the mutual benefit of both Small Business and the organization.
12. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 7+ years of experience in Analytics and/or Data Science with a broad understanding of statistical and data science methodologies and their business applications.
2. Experience explaining complex analytical solutions in a simple and effective manner to business sponsors and partners.
3. Experience with the following software/tools:
o BI tools: one or more of the following:
* Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, and/ or MSBI is required.
o Statistical software: one or more of the following:
* R, Python, SAS, Statistica, SPSS, or Minitab Required.
4. Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with audiences spanning from peers to executives.
5. Excellent written communication skills including ability to clearly express thoughts and ideas through documentation.
6. Capable of building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with business leaders and Enterprise Partners.
7. Experience performing capability gap analysis, and analyzing business problems, and presenting analytical solutions.
8. Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to effectively manage a range of tasks and projects in an environment with changing priorities.
9. Exhibit flexibility, working in a fast-paced environment requiring quick response.
10. Prior experience with Insurance, Banking and Finance.
11. Experience working in an Agile Environment.
12. Master’s Degree or higher with specializations and/or heavy course work in data analytics, statistics, predictive analytics, or data sciences OR commensurate experience.
13. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com. #LI-PB1
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran. #LI-PB1