Ensure efficient claims operations by coordinating the distribution of losses, providing technical knowledge and assistance and managing a team of field personnel and adjusters.
* Oversee the management and auditing of all claims within assigned area of responsibility throughout the process from notice of loss to payment
* Communicate with agents, claimants, field staff and other key stakeholders around claim status, disputed claims, product documents, escalated questions and problems and general information requests
* Manage a field claims team by setting expectations and goals, leading training to develop technical claims skills and communicating with adjusters
* Review field claims of $100,000; effectively resolve escalated claims issues
* Ensure all claims files are ready to be keyed in the office
* Maintain loss reserves in adherence with company guidelines
* Assist claims administrator with claim assignments as necessary
* Audit adjuster expense vouchers by performing random field audits and tracking individual adjuster activity
* Develop, present and follow through with adjuster training and presentations; assist in the development of field training presentations
* Collaborate with the Underwriting department to facilitate policy corrections to ensure alignment with company guidelines
* Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
4 years relevant experience
Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) accreditation, Valid Driver's License
* Effectively manage one's own time and the time of others
* Communicate information in a clear, well-organized and professional manner
* Adjust plans, goals and actions to meet changing priorities
* Identify information and facts that are necessary and relevant for the purposes of evaluating a claim
* Mentor others by providing guidance and encouragement; coach others by providing timely, candid feedback
* Collaborate with internal and external customers and key stakeholders
* Build constructive and cooperative working relationships
* Respond calmly, quickly and decisively to unpredictable or unexpected events and changes
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Experience crop adjusting including multi-peril and crop hail
* increasing levels of responsibility
* Working knowledge of Windows applications, general computer hardware and software and Microsoft Office Suite
* Working knowledge of business and financial acumen
* Applied working knowledge of claims adjusting and handling best practices; general knowledge of crop market trends
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:
*We are customer-centred
*We are technical experts
*We are diverse
*We are fast-paced
*We are courageous
*We are accountable
*We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.