Colbert Family Health and Wellness is looking for a Full-time Medical Assistant/Receptionist to join our practice. The job duties will include but not limited to assisting in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. Interview patients measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height) and record information on patients' charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Answer telephones, screen callers, relay messages and greet visitors.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting and checking in all patients for office appointments, including paperwork for patients to fill out, scanning insurance cards, entering all demographic information into the electronic health record, entering referrals for office visits into EMR, scanning for staff as needed, and working closely with Nurse Practitioners and staff.
• Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone
• Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit
• Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
• Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight, and temperature; report patient history summary
• Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
• Counsel patients by transmitting physician's orders
• Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions, answering questions
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
• Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
• Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
• Enhance practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Complete records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
• Serve and protect the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
• Enhance health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Greets and directs all patients within the practice
• Obtaining patient demographic and verifying insurance information at each visit.
• Monitor and review patient schedules for next day office appointments.
• Identifying and resolving minor patient billing complaints.
• Assists in ordering, receiving, and stocking of office supplies.
• Customer Service and Focus
• Inventory and Supply Management
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Clinical Skills
• Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Procedural Skills
• Documentation Skills
• Inventory Control
• Bedside Manner
• Medical Teamwork
Requires a high school diploma and Medical Assistant Certificate and 0-2 years of experience in a related field. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
*Position will be part-time to start, but lead to full-time*