Perform skilled mechanical duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating and air conditioning systems. Also requires repair of household appliances such as, refrigerators, ranges and dishwashers.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment
- Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units; follow oral and written instructions
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Work cooperatively with others
- Work independently with little direction
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports
- Routinely lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
- EPA Certification
- Associate Degree in Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (or related field)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
To Apply: Send resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov with "HVAC Tech" as the subject line.