Bank of England / Bank of England Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Sales Manager - Non-Exempt
The Mortgage Loan Sales Manager directs, develops and assists the BOE/BOEM Lending Managing Partner (Branch Manager) with the management of the production activities of the mortgage loan originators; ensuring efficient customer service is provided and quality loans are generated to meet production goals and the needs of the business. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions/Duties as a Sales Manager:
Direct and assist the Managing Partner (Branch Manager) with the Mortgage Sales Department on the day-to-day management of the Sales Department operations in order to meet the needs of the business. This also includes but not limited to:
O Directly manages at least two (2) Full-Time employees.
O Monitoring the sales team production goals & requirements.
O Conduct or participate in team sales meetings.
O Assist Branch Manager with Performance Evaluations.
O Establishing 'Performance Improvement Plans' (PIPs) for sales team members that are under performing.
O Disciplinary recommendations and participation in disciplinary sessions.
O Assist with Mortgage Loan Originator Recruitment.
O Assist Branch Manager with MLOs Timecard weekly requirements.
The Mortgage Loan Sales Manager will also train and develop Mortgage Loan Originators in the following areas:
* Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing referral relationships within the community, specifically with targeted business partners including real estate
agents, homebuilders, financial advisors, CPAs, attorneys, bankers, mortgage brokers and prior clients; making sales calls to prospective clients. How to generate mortgage loans by developing business contacts; attracting mortgage loan clients; originating qualified applications; submitting bank-compliant loan packages to processing; and client follow-up and relationship management.
* Meet Company's mortgage loan quality standards by submitting loan applications from qualified borrowers with appropriate financial information and credit
information and priced to meet the company's targeted threshold as set from time to time.
* Produce qualified mortgage loan applications in appropriate numbers that meet or exceed the Company's standard for Mortgage Loan Originators; pre-qualifies borrowers before submitting to processors by examining application and supporting documentation, estimating credit-worthiness, calculating repayment risk.
Following-up and assisting trainees in all activities (including negotiation of terms) required to bring a loan to closing.
* Complete loan closings on timely basis by monitoring application process, conferring with loan processors on data needed, advising clients on process status and
obtaining and verifying needed information; monitoring loan document preparation; and scheduling and attending mortgage loan closings. Ensure that any post-closing conditions are collected and delivered promptly.
* Train new Mortgage Loan Originators how to develop new client relationships and manages on-going client relationships by utilizing Company tools such as announcements, customer satisfaction surveys, thank-you notes, and other referral reminders. Guide developing Mortgage Loan Originators on
maintaining personal networks; participation in professional organizations and educational opportunities.
* Conduct and/or participate sales meetings and maintain sales activity journals enabling tracking of progress toward achievement of performance plan goals.
* Protect Company's reputation and image by delivering a high level of customer service and keeping mortgage loan information confidential.
* Conduct human resource objectives by assisting the Managing Partner with orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees;
communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and assessing Mortgage Loan Originators sales activities and providing guidance as needed; recommending
staff changes to Managing Partner; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Honesty and integrity in dealing with others, and accountability in standing behind your work; initiative and self-motivation in offering your products, serving
the client, and getting the job completed thoroughly and on time; good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to listen to others and understand their needs; good sales skills, including confidence in yourself and enthusiasm for your products and your service; and good organizational skills in having the ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks at the same time.
Preferred Education & Experience:
O High School Diploma and some college; Bachelor's degree in business, Finance or equivalent desired.
O 3 - 5+ years' experience in Sales, Financial Services and/or related industry.
O Registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
O Must possess basic PC skills in Microsoft Windows, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software. Encompass360 and Excel software experience desired.
O Demonstrate effective and strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with principals, executive management, all levels of corporate and customers/clients. Bi-lingual in a secondary language desired.
O Demonstrate strong negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills and behaviors.
O Demonstrate the assertiveness, perseverance, energy and passion - results oriented behavior required to be successful in a sales role.
O Demonstrate effective problem solving, planning and time management skills.
O Demonstrate the skills and behaviors required to handle moderate to large complex deals, and moderate to high volume with consistent track record of performance equal to or greater than goal.
O Demonstrates solid mortgage loan acumen.
O Experience in supervision and leadership of employees in a team based environment.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry(NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. As such, upon active
employment with Bank of England/Bank of England Mortgage, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to Bank of England/Bank of England Mortgage registration rolls. Your continued employment in this position with Bank of England/Bank of England Mortgage is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with Bank of England/Bank of England Mortgage. Further information about the registry and the requirements of registration can be found at: .
Bank of England Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.