Concrete Lab Technician (Entry Level)
# of openings:
The Euclid Chemical Company is searching for a Lab Technician with strong attention to detail and a desire to support testing and continuous improvement of our products and product range.
Euclid Chemical offers an attractive package. Company benefits include, but are not limited to:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
401k and Pension
Competitive Bonus Scheme
Vacation and Holiday time
The Lab Technician will conduct chemical, engineering and physical laboratory tests primarily based on experimental designs to develop new products, improve existing products, evaluate competitive materials and analyzes test data by performing the following duties under the direct supervision of the Technical Manager of Admixtures.
• Set up laboratory equipment, clean molds and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
• Conducts chemical, physical, and engineering tests on experimental formulas and competitive products.
• Documents results of tests, analyses, and maintains lab books in an acceptable manner. Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
• Prepares experimental products following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
• Tests and analyzes products such as concrete, cementitious repair products, admixtures for concrete, cement and other raw materials to determine their physical, chemical, and engineering properties.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Physical Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• A minimum of one month related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
• Ability to routinely lift 50+ pounds
• Language & Communication Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, industry standards and specifications (e.g. ACI & ASTM) operating, maintenance, and procedure manuals. Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English, this position will be expected to w rite routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Organizational Skills: Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet time requirements and deadlines. M ust have high degree of flexibility and ability to multitask. High degree of attention to detail; Ability to organize data and draw relevant conclusions.
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact well with others utilizing communication skills to build relationships and operate as an effective team player.
• Initiative : Ability to be proactive, self-start, drive learning and look for areas of improvement
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.