This position is a cleared Computer Technician onsite for a long-term contract supporting our client in Dayton, Ohio. The Computer Technician will support our client's Research, Design, Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide technical support for research computers, including specialized non-standard system configurations and high-performance computer workstations.
* Install hardware, software, and operating systems.
* Administer and maintain assigned systems.
* Optimize the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability.
* Identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex nature and develops corrective action.
* Oversee the installation and configuration of applications software and the establishment of user environments.
* Troubleshoot and analyzes unusual or complex hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems
* Recommend acquisition of equipment, software and/or hardware which will resolve operational problems.
* Continually survey system operation to identify and anticipate potential problems which could lead to loss or serious interruption of service.
* Identify corrective or preventative procedures and take actions to rectify immediate problems and prevent future occurrences.
* Develop proposals to enhance operational use of systems hardware and software and keep abreast of technological advances to ensure continued optimum service.
* Analyze and diagnose system failures to isolate source of problems.
* Perform testing, troubleshoots, and correct complex or unusual problems involving interface and interoperability of system components such as hardware, systems software, and applications programs.
* Manage installation of system patches and enhancements/updates and ensures system integrity is not compromised.
* Develop standard procedures for account establishment, system maintenance, and system recovery.
* Ensure maintenance and upgrade procedures are established in such a way as to minimize disruption to normal business and research functions. This includes ensuring scheduled backups of systems and the application of upgrades or system patches will have minimum impact.
* Provide proactive consultation and instruction with system users to ensure seamless implementation of changes.
Required Education and Experience
* 5 years of recent experience operating and maintaining Windows and Linux systems, including operating system and software patches.
* Experience with software installation, to include scientific and engineering packages.
* Experience loading and configuring standardized and customized operating systems for both Windows and Linux.
* Active Secret Clearance.
* Security+ certification/DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Job Type: Full-time, long-term contract
CDO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer