Drive truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher or Plant Manager as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Frequently climb 8 foot ladder to ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and frequently handle 50 pound mixer chutes safely.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Respond to customer questions & complaints related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete instruction.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Personal Protective Equipment
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Gloves, Hard Hat, Reflective Vest, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Seatbelt.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and Experience
Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions; Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to handle stressful situations when dealing with traffic, meeting scheduled customer service demands and handling on the job customer complaints while making deliveries.
Driver License & Medical Card:
The employee is required to acquire and maintain a valid DOT medical card & a state issued commercial driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, climb, stand, walk, sit, reach, drive, use fine motor skills and repetitive motion.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat and/or cold. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Working conditions include: hot weather, cold weather, wet weather, exposure to noise, exposure to high heat, moving equipment and working with others.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.