Coleman Professional Services is seeking a Full-Time RN to provide a range of psychiatric nursing services in Jefferson County, Ohio. Duties include health assessments, administration and monitoring of medication, assist with intake paperwork, and support to clients and family in time of need. Will work with physicians to determine appropriate medical disposition and care.
Other essential duties include:
- Provide case work for clients receiving Psychiatric services, including assessment; establishing treatment plans; monitoring progress; identifying the need for emergency sessions; scheduling medication evaluation, health screenings, and referrals; and linking with services at or beyond Coleman.
- Processing medication issue-related phone calls and Psychiatric services phone calls.
- Administer, monitor, and document medication progress as prescribed by the Psychiatrist. Report changes to Psychiatrists as indicated.
- Educate clients, families, and groups on medications as needed.
- Document client phone and face-to face-interactions in the electronic health record.
- Provide screening, evaluation, assessments, and crisis intervention to clients.
- Consult with families, staff, and agencies to assess problems in coping with clients.
- Coordinate services with other service providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Give daily reports to other nurses regarding client status.
- Attend clinical planning meetings and treatment committees as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Participate in Agency committees as directed.
- Complete Individual Service Plans, DLA-20, Level of Care, and other documentation as directed.
- Perform outreaches to clients in the community as directed by the Psychiatrist and Supervisor.
Commit to principles of Total Quality Management and work as a team member to provide quality services to clients.
Must have current State of Ohio RN license and experience in mental health nursing; have a NPI number; and an Ohio Medicaid number.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Accommodation Request.”