The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. The products are built in Marion, OH and placed on a shuttle trailer, to Buffalo, NY. Driver candidates for this position will need to be based in or around Canandaigua, NY. The driver will be responsible for receiving the delivery in Buffalo, NY, and delivering to Canandaigua, Buffalo, Rochester, and other Window facilities west of the area. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service. This is a hands-on delivery driving position and will be OTR during the week and some Saturdays may be required based on business needs.
* Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer's location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors).
* Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights.
* Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
* Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
* Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License
* Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record.
* 2 years of previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience.
* Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
* Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone.
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and written.
* Must be able to work independently.
* Ability to work effectively with people in a fast-paced environment.
* Travel as required (NJ & NY)
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
* Paid time off (PTO)
* Paid holidays
* Sign - On Bonus
* 401(k) plan
* A culture that supports work-life balance and environment where collaboration is key
* A culture of diversity & inclusion in a respectful work-place environment
* Volunteer opportunities - on company time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.