Technical Support Assistant-Engineering
Marion, OH 43302, USA
Monday, November 16, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
PURPOSE / GOALS
The Technical Support Assistant is a key team member in developing and implementing the infrastructure to successfully support, improve and maximize the benefits of automating processes throughout the facility. Under minimal supervision the Technical Support Assistant engages in design, maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming on robotic and other automation technology in the plant. He/she supports plant productivity and capacity by identifying/prioritizing projects that drive continuous improvement and increase efficiencies while maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
1. Analyze current processes to identify critical tasks where the implementation of automation, technology, and/or robotics is a valid and appropriate solution for improving efficiency, eliminating human intervention and/or streamlining processes.
2. Participate in or lead design reviews with the objective to discover safer, more effective and more efficient ways to
manufacture and assemble products.
3. Troubleshoot hardware and process issues.
4. Perform preventive maintenance of robotic and process support equipment.
5. Identify risks likely to cause equipment break-downs, participate in projects improving equipment reliability,
process improvement and lean manufacturing,
6. Maintain software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications. Train technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
7. Organize documentation such as specifications, schematics, and procedures.
8. Plan and design integrations with third party
process equipment and control systems.
9. Assist with the identification, design, justification and implementation of
10. Other duties as assigned.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
Marion, OH 43302, USA
Share this job:
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.