OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing RESEA Reemployment Specialists for local non profit.
The Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) program is designed to provide reemployment services to customers in a declining industry via online and in-person activities. Participants will be provided:
- One-on-one reemployment appointment with an RESEA Employment Specialists
- Local labor market and career information
- A customized, individualized reemployment plan that includes work search activities, access to services provided through an OhioMeansJob Center and/or access self-service tools
- A follow-up to the individualized reemployment plan
- Registration with OhioMeansJobs.com and local services
- An in-person orientation to local OMJ Center services
- Enter and/or maintain the customer’s electronic file and OWCMS Labor Exchange record to include case noting, assessment information, enrolling/closing services and executing referrals.
- Provide Local labor market and career information
- Assess need and develop customized, individualized reemployment plans that include work search activities, access to services provided through the OMJ|CC Center and/or access self-service tools
- Follow-up on individualized reemployment plans and facilitate referral to WIOA Services Adult/DW Program.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of internal work instructions and process descriptions, and ability to meet individual and team service delivery metrics.
- Maintain professional dress.
- Reports to Lead RESEA Specialist, and Program Manager, perform all other duties as assigned by management and Executive Director of ULA.
- Experience in the field of vocational counseling, case management, job placement, workforce development, or related field preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with proven ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments and work accurately within deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, staff, and partner agencies.
- Ability to apply interviewing skills like active listening, open-and-closed-ended questions, supportive responses, giving options, summarizing, identify areas for self-improvement and identify need for education and training
- Skills required to gather data, assess and observe the customer to prepare and compile information necessary to support appropriate referral/recommendation, reemployment planning and maintain the customer’s electronic file
- Ambition to be well-informed and remain well-informed, ability to prioritize and also problem solve when flexibility is demanded, discipline to complete required work, self-confidence in ability to reason and maintain enthusiasm to serve people in need while also successfully satisfying data and documentation requirements
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools; Outlook, Word and Excel primarily
- Ability to build proficiency in using software programs unique to our services; Ohio Workforce Case Management System, OhioMeansJobs.com, PC Recruiter, Callfire and Constant Contact
- Possess a minimum typing speed of 35 wpm
- Knowledge of current occupational and economic trends in the Greater Cleveland area
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver License
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Associate’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in the field of vocational counseling or job placement considered.
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255