OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga county is currently sourcing Recruiter candidates for local non profit.
Supports the development and expansion of the Business Service Team and Business Outreach with a particular focus on recruiting candidates to meet the hiring needs of employers.
- Fill open job orders as developed by Business Service Team with qualified OMJ|CC job seekers.
- Meet individual and team goals as established by the Business Services Director.
- Work in tandem with a Business Development Coordinator to match qualified candidates to open positions developed by the BDC to match job seekers to multiple openings.
- Work closely with Talent Developers, Training Specialists, and Community Development Specialists to find qualified candidates.
- Provide advice and instruction for resume development and guide job seekers through application and interview processes.
- Screen potential candidates for appropriateness of referral and assess job seeker qualifications and work history; Assessment of customers current experience, skill, education to determine marketability.
- Eligibility determination for Adult and Dislocated Worker services (and other programs and grants when available or by directive) supported with document collection, application review and initial assessment.
- Work on large scale recruiting initiatives for a single employer where you will be responsible for finding candidates for recruiting events and scheduling candidates for interview times.
- Learn multiple industries and skill sets that employers seek.
- Service regional employers in solving their human capital needs & understand the skills and qualifications they seek.
- Build excellent relationships throughout the Job Center and provide feedback to Talent Developers, Community Development Specialists and Training Specialists on their job seekers.
- Complete follow-up calls to job seekers.
- Assist with job development targeting with BDC team members.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of internal work instructions and process descriptions.
- Meet tight timelines and deadlines and possess excellent time management skills.
- Build working relationships with partner agencies to source job seekers.
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of WIOA rules, regulations and policy changes.
- Reports to Recruiting Supervisor and Business Services Director.
- Maintain professional dress.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management and Executive Director of ULA.
- 2-3 years of recruiting experience, high volume staffing experience, or job matching with a workforce development environment preferred
- Possess or have interest in building and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and related regulations, policy and guidance for the Adult and Dislocated Worker program (Federal, State and Local)
- Critical thinking skill to be able to make ethical decisions and recommendations
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with proven ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments and work accurately within deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, staff, and partner agencies.
- Strong computer proficiency; Possess a minimum typing speed of 35 wpm
- Proficient use of, or ability to learn software programs unique to our services.
- Knowledge of current occupational and economic trends in the Greater Cleveland area
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver License
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Associate’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in the field job placement/vocational counseling will be considered
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255