Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to operate and maintain the extrusion plant processing and packing equipment and systems in a safe and efficient manner. This position is responsible for meeting the extrusion production schedule and for producing product that meets established product quality standards and specifications. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday, 3PM - 11PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Operates both the extrusion processing equipment and the packaging line equipment to effectively meet production demands.
- Effectively and safely operates all auxiliary equipment and product conveying systems.
- Performs product quality checks and tests on a frequent basis throughout the production run as assigned.
- Performs sanitation, clean-out, and changeover tasks and duties as assigned.
- Performs preventative and reactive maintenance
- Ensures that all Mennel housekeeping standards are being met.
- Cross-trains on all equipment, systems, programs, procedures, and tasks within the entire extrusion plant.
- Follows all applicable OSHA, NFPA, EPA and all other company, local, and federal regulations. (Uses the Mennel Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Program for guidance)
- Strives for continuous improvement and works effectively with other members of the extrusion team to achieve the established performance goals of the plant.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must successfully pass a mechanical aptitude test
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience in a fast-paced work environment preferred
- Food processing experience is preferred
- Clear and concise communication skills
- A solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to be hands-on and willing to perform various maintenance and repair tasks
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use common sense and solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, use various tools, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions and employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places; in the presence of airborne particles, and with the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection.
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers