By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
This position is a temporary role with the possibility to become permanent after 3 to 6 months in the role.
The Innovation Team:
We operate like an internal start-up, focused on building disruptive solutions to drive the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross forward. As a member on the Innovation Team, you will be responsible for converting concepts into the next generation of applications utilizing adaptive agile mythologies to deliver the minimal viable product to the business in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Architect to join our Innovation Team.
* As a member on the team, you will be responsible for driving the rapid development of the minimal viable product.
* Willing to be hands on with design, code, and test.
* Work with the business to understand the processes and challenges and suggesting and prototyping new features and changes to existing features.
* Work collaboratively with other developers within our team or across other teams.
* Work with project managers and team leads to estimate, schedule, and prioritize development activities.
* Write specifications for development work.
* Develop and document designs for implementation.
* Special projects as assigned
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
* Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
* Experience: Minimum 5 to 7 years required supporting mid-to-large size organizations as a Software Architect or similar role. Extensive successful experience in leading multiple projects as the SME.
* Experience in large scale responsive web applications
* "Full Stack" experience
* Expert knowledge with hands on experience using Microsoft Technology Stack, C#.NET is required
* RESTful services and integration with legacy systems, ftp/sftp.
* Working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
* Proficient in developing multi-tier solutions.
* Knowledge with object oriented design, patterns, and software design.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements.
* Strong debugging and diagnostic skills.
* Demonstrable knowledge of software design, software development processes and coding techniques is essential.
* Ability to prioritize competing projects and deliver with confidence in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.