Backup and Storage Admin
Consultant - US
Infosys is seeking an Storage Administrator for our onsite location in Columbus, OH. This role requires close partnership and collaboration with other Data Engineers and Subject Matter Experts. Essential Job Duties Consultant having experience with Backup and Storage Administration. The consultant needs to maintain best practices and collaborates with the architecture and application teams to set the technical vision that is best suited for our client.
* Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Columbus, OH or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
* At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
* At least 3 years of Storage Administration experience
* Must have an in-depth working knowledge of general Storage/SAN administration and architecture.
* Hands-on EMC storage experience required.
* Experience with EMC AVAMAR and DataDomain Backup required.
* Will work with vendors to update firmware or patching on arrays and switching
* Will be responsible for troubleshooting Storage/SAN issues.
* Will be responsible for reviewing automated reports and identifying issues or trends from the reports.
* Must be able to address escalation items and conflicts in a timely, motivational, and productive manner.
* Must be able to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
* U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
* Hands-on IBM storage experience required.
* Experience with a Brocade SAN fabric required.
* Unix Admin experience on Linux, Solaris or Windows Admin experience is a strong plus
* Scripting knowledge with Python is preferred.
* Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
* Must be able to work in a 24x7 production support environment
* Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at .
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
State / Region / Province
Retail,CPG and logistics
Technology|Backup Administration|EMC Avamar
Infosys Public Services is an Equal opportunity