Redhat Linux Administrator
Consultant - US
Infosys is seeking an Redhat Linux Admin for our onsite location in Columbus, OH. This role requires close partnership and collaboration with other Data Engineers and Subject Matter Experts. Essential Job Duties Consultant having experience with Linux Administration. The consultant needs to maintain best practices and collaborates with the architecture and application teams to set the technical vision that is best suited for our client.
* Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Columbus, OH or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
* At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
* At least 3 years of Redhat Linux experience
* A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x.
* Experience in Business Process Consulting, problem definition, Architecture/Design/Detailing of Processes
* Package installs, Server builds, Decommissioning and Firmware upgrades
* OS patching and OS administration
* User access provisioning
* Understanding of system performance monitoring utilities (sar, nmon, iostat, vmstat, etc.)
* Should have extensive hands-on experience on configuring and troubleshooting of Linux platform
* Interact and Co-ordinate with application owners, operations teams - application, infrastructure, network, and security, change and release management team and external vendors
* Resolve technical issues during the migration, perform root cause analysis and address complex and critical migration issues from an architecture perspective
* U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
* Experience in AIX 6.x and 7.x preferred
* Ability to analyze and Independent problem-solving skills with effective time management
* Should have a proven track record of managing data center migration plan, design, and execution projects.
* Must be able to work in a 24x7 production support environment
* Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
* Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
* Experience with project management
* Planning and Co-ordination skills
* Good Communication and Analytical skills
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at .
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
State / Region / Province
Retail,CPG and logistics
Technology|Backup Administration|EMC Avamar
Infosys Public Services is an Equal opportunity