OBJECTIVE: Work closely with production manager, other servicing managers and growers in monitoring the health of swine.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in animal science is preferred. An associate degree with experience will be considered. A valid driver license is required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Qualified candidates must have excellent observation, communication and organizational skills. The ability to work well with others is required.
1. Coordinate all aspects of swine health, working with growers to manage each herd.
• Ensure good health of swine
• Solve grower management problems
• Solve swine disease problems that arise
• Follow through on problem herds
• Practice good sanitation standards
• Communicate effectively with growers
• Keeps records, fills out receipts, and visits farms weekly
• Teach new growers proper husbandry techniques
2. Make suggestions to make the Swine Division more efficient.
3. Maintain a driving record in accordance with the Fleet Safety Manual.
4. Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
5. Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance and attitude.
6. Follow all safety practices and protocols.
7. Perform related work as apparent or assigned.