LOCATION: Central Eggs Processing - Coldwater, Ohio
OBJECTIVE: The primary goal of this position is to maintain the facility and equipment in such a manner as to minimize down time and maximize the efficiency of the operation. This position will also provide expertise and creativity to solve maintenance problems throughout the plant and provide leadership to all maintenance personnel to accomplish the goals of the business plan regarding productivity, safety and quality.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a High School diploma and three years of maintenance management experience. A two-year vocational degree is preferred but not required. A valid driver’s license is strongly preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: This position requires strong leadership and both written and verbal communication skills. Basic knowledge and experience in all facets of maintenance operations and basic computer skills is required.
1. Responsible for the maintenance of all facility-related items such as: buildings, utilities, electrical, refrigeration, heating, air conditioning, etc.
2. Ensure all maintenance personnel are properly trained according to SOP guidelines as well as abiding by all safety practices.
3. Manage maintenance programs including but not limited to: I-Maintenance, Process Safety Management, etc.
4. Responsible for developing, organizing and managing a parts program that assure competitive pricing, timely ordering, receiving and etcetera.
5. Schedule and assign work for all facilities maintenance team members where their skills will be best utilized. Aid and support to all team members.
6. Responsible for identifying and eliminating all sources of downtime as soon as possible and investigate all possible root causes.
7. Handle all necessary discipline and counseling of facility maintenance team members.
8. Hold monthly departmental meetings regarding Gainsharing, safety, etc.
9. Maintain a driving record in accordance with the Cooper Farms Fleet Safety Manual.
10. Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
11. Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
12. Follow all safety practices and protocols.
13. Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.