The C&S Companies’ Internship Program is designed to engage college students in the practical application of a major technical study and to familiarize them with the interactions and requirements of the A/E industry. Internships are designed to introduce and build essential hands-on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena, and help to enhance the transition from student to professional. Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their chosen discipline. Internship opportunities are available at most C&S locations.
• Perform, under close supervision, routine aspects of civil engineering, requiring knowledge and application of principles learned in course of study.
• May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform tasks.
• Collect and prepare data for evaluation.
• Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
• Provide support to staff members as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience Required
Must have completed sophomore year of Bachelor’s degree program in Civil Engineering.
• Strong desire to pursue a career in civil engineering.
• Solid analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
• Resourceful and self-motivated.
• Solid organizational skills with a focus on details.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
• Previous internship experience and/or involvement as an active member of related professional student association a plus.
WHO WE ARE: C&S Companies, operating for more than 50 years, is a national planning, design and construction firm with nearly 500 employees and growing. C&S Companies delivers critical infrastructure design, planning and construction services in aviation, civil/site infrastructure, construction and program management, construction/design-build, energy, environmental, facilities, architecture, planning, sustainability and transportation.
Our headquarters is in Syracuse, NY with offices in New York State, California, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, Florida and Pennsylvania.
At C&S Companies, we believe work environment, culture, and the opportunity to learn and grow are key elements when considering a new job. We are just the right size to provide the resources and support you need without the burdensome bureaucracy of a large corporate environment. To that end, we foster a family-friendly and supportive workplace; collaborative and employee-focused with an emphasis on quality, integrity, trust fun and accountability.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.