First Community Village Senior Living Campus, National Church Residences
Columbus, OH*Full Time
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit providers of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico and originating from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for an experienced full-timeCookto support our Senior Living campus in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a group of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
From-scratch kitchen with fresh ingredients, contemporary seasonal menus and restaurant style dining
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities
Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
Company Paid Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement available
Full Time(30 hours or more per week) eligible for Health, Dental, Orthodontic and Vision insurance
Build your career with National Church Residences! We are comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas and promote internal growth.
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations under the supervision of the Director of Food Service assumes the responsibility for preparing food for the residents and personnel. The Cook maintains high standards of quality food production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Prepares meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control. * Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
* Maintains equipment and cooking areas in a safe and sanitary manner. Cleans kitchen area and equipment. Washes pots and pans.
* Responsible for overseeing dietary aides when management not present.
* Maintains daily meal census.
* Records meal serving temperatures.
* Assists in training new dietary employees.
* Oversees that all meals and snacks are prepared and sent in a timely manner so that temperature, quality and appearance of the food is maintained.
* Checks for accuracy of special diets.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Is in charge of the Dietary Department in the absence of the Director/Manager.
* Attends in-service meetings.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET -Cook
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions. High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years as a dietary aide or cook, preferred in a fast pace environment.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing R = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: F = 10-25 lbs. C = Standing S = Pushing F = 26-50 lbs. R = Sitting S = Pulling S = 51-75 lbs. S = Walking R = Driving ` S = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Due to working in facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.