The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Provide technical support to all ready mix plants to determine product suitability for use and various construction projects. Develop and maintaining relationship with key customers, plant managers, aggregate and admixture suppliers and ODOT personnel. QC technician will assist the QC Manager in elevating the customer’s perception and general quality of our mix designs achieving the elimination of lost loads, the generation of backup data necessary for mix optimization and overseeing the inspection process of materials an mix designs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and help develop ready mix plant testing program.
- Monitor commercial and residential DOT customers that require QC attention.
- Perform required testing at the plant and on job sites in accordance with ACI.
- Assist drivers on jobsites with adding admixtures to the trucks.
- Be available to make service calls to address customer complaints and report back to QC Manager and sales personnel.
- Manage the reporting of all field tests and concrete test specimens from jobsites into Command QC.
- Make regular stops on jobsites that we are supplying, to verify that the mix is within specification and is acceptable to the contractor.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
ACI field level 1 testing certification. High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, climb, stand, walk, sit, reach, drive, use fine motor skills and use repetitive motion.
This position requires an employee to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position occasionally requires an employee to lift up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
Working conditions include exposure to noise, moving equipment and working with others.
Working conditions can occasionally include hot weather, cold weather, wet weather and exposure to high heat.