The Golf Clubhouse Specialist serves the public and enhances their Cleveland Metroparks golf experience through providing exceptional customer service to golf guests, monitoring greens, coordinating order of play, and enforcing golf course etiquette, rules, and policies.
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Assist guests with equipment, carries bags to the power cart, pull cart or bag rack. Answers questions or inquiries.
- Coordinate order of play from the first and tenth tee to maintain course assigned tee time intervals.
- Monitor the practice green and/or driving range for proper usage.
- Communicates and enforces all golf course etiquette, rules, and policies.
- Engages guests in a friendly and positive manner.
- Performs general housekeeping duties inside/outside clubhouse.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Understands and can communicate and enforce all golf course etiquette, rules and policies. Is familiar with and practices all procedures and policies contained in Cleveland Metroparks Golf Seasonal Handbook and Accounting Manuals.
- Reports hazardous conditions on the golf course or clubhouse to the Golf Clubhouse Manager/supervisor. This includes but is not limited to: golf pull and power carts, rental clubs, toilets, computer, and credit card terminal.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good public relations with golfers, under sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Wage: Starting at $8.80 per hour
Work Schedule: Must be available to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
Filing Deadline: Position open until filled
To Apply: Please visit our career site at www.clevelandmetroparks.com or copy and paste the following link into your web browser: