Purpose of Position
Are you passionate about creating personal experiences in healthcare? Are you an advocate for human centered design, user experience research, and customer-centric solutions? Do you have experience working in service design and federal agency settings? Have you assisted other companies undergoing a digital transformation?
The Human Centered Design (HCD) Analyst will be responsible for the development, facilitation and leadership of strategic initiatives and innovative design methods to enhance our customer experience. This role will require the candidate to operate as a champion of HCD and user experience across the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Health Care Quality Information System (HCQIS) environment. A critical portion of the role is to build the HCD capabilities in the HCQIS Infrastructure and Data Center Support (HIDS) Program, specifically with the Service Center team.
We are in uncertain times and ensuring great service for our healthcare customers is more important than ever. The HIDS Service Center works with approximately 20,000 providers across over 5,000 hospitals in order to guarantee high quality information and technical service. The Service Center team is seeking out a dedicated individual who can support them to enhance the overall customer and employee experience through an HCD approach. This role will work closely with CMS and HIDS leadership, employees, and customers to imagine, and ultimately build, a more innovative and customer-centric Service Center to better serve CMS healthcare systems.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Unite stakeholders to work on complex problems from exploration and inspiration to execution and implementation using a broad range of design skills, including but not limited to framing challenges, gathering user feedback, uncovering insights, and prototyping solutions.
• Work closely with business and functional leaders, and teams in order to understand their challenges, know when it is appropriate to use an HCD approach, including identifying and assisting in the prioritization of projects that will have the most impact.
• Use design thinking principles and tools to facilitate sessions for a wide range of audiences with a focus on the customer and employee experience. Collaborate with peers, leadership, and customers to co-create solutions that align with our customer experience strategies.
• Serve as an advocate and change champion with stakeholders for a user centric, research based, and design driven culture.
• Contribute to Ventech Solution’s HCD research knowledge base and practice development.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in human-centered design and/or closely related area (User Experience, Design Thinking/Design Strategies, User Research).
• Experience with HCD approaches of similar scope and complexity.
• Experience planning and conducting primary and secondary research, analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data for presentation to key stakeholders.
• Experience creating HCD-related deliverables (e.g. personas, journey maps, service blueprints, mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes).
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time with speed and accuracy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Self-directed, takes initiative, and has the capacity to work well independently.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and pivot when customer needs evolve.
• Experience working on digital transformation and customer experience initiatives.
• Experience working in Service Design and/or in a Service Center environment.
• Experience working in an agile environment or with agile teams is a plus.
Scope of Position
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under supervision of management.
Final grade will be made based on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This job posting is for a frequent, high volume or contingent requirement and may remain open continuously.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Women/Minority/Veterans/Protected Veterns/Individuals with Disabilities