This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Appointment Period: Annual renewable 12-month appointment.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA), and working closely with the Director of Alumni and Development, the Development Database Specialist supports the work of the Development Office by managing the donor, alumni and constituent database (Raiser's Edge). The Development Database Specialist possesses a strong proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, assists with institutional and Foundation events, and provides overall administrative support for the Development Office.
- Database Management:
- Oversees the management, maintenance, accuracy, security and integrity of all information in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Processes and acknowledges all donations in Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner with daily reconciliations, income reports, and Business Office transactions completed by end of day.
- Creates and runs queries, reports, and lists from Raiser’s Edge as requested for Development and College activities and functions. Performs data imports and exports.
- Reviews constituent codes for accuracy and updates records on a continual basis.
- Researches prospective donor information as requested and maintains confidentiality of donor information and all matters within the College.
- Schedules and issues pledge reminders for outstanding commitments.
- Conducts monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all donor transactions with the Business Office and serves as liaison to the Business Office for all reports and transactions.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge user’s manual for all Development functions.
- Recommends standardized processes and procedures for all aspects of the database management including campaign and appeal organization, revenue reconciliation, data entry, and procedural changes.
- Supports the VPIA with all Foundation functions and activities. Attends all Foundation related meetings. Writes and maintains all official Foundation records including meeting minutes and financial reports.
- Prepares individual and group communications to scholarship recipients, current and potential donors, alumni, employees and other constituents. Annually processes charitable donation letters to donors.
- Creates and maintains reports, spreadsheets, lists, graphs, and presentations. Archives official reports on a regular basis.
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of fundraising and constituent activities, including fundraising, donor, scholarship and College events.
- Maintains the annual Development Office operational calendar and facilitates the timely completion of critical deadlines.
- Works closely with colleagues throughout the College to effectively share and maintain data and information related to scholarships, administration, and events.
- Ensures Development and Alumni website content is timely and accurate.
- Provides general office support, including processing purchase requisitions, ordering and maintaining office supplies, scheduling equipment maintenance and other related duties.
- Provides quality customer service and professional representation via multiple platforms to Rhodes State College Foundation and College constituents, meeting needs both specific to Development and the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Work Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, directly related, or Associate Degree with appropriate focus and five to seven years of directly related experience. Three to five years of directly related experience with progressive responsibilities in non-profit, database and development work. Proficiency in Raiser's Edge/Raiser's Edge NXT. Mastery of Raiser's Edge or Raisers Edge certification preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel), CMS, Internet search engines and Adobe Acrobat. Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills. Experience working in Development within Higher Education preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience; plus full benefits package.
Submit materials electronically to the Office of Human Resources, Rhodes State College, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least three (3) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete and submit a College employment application. Search will continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA EMPLOYER, M/F, V/D