This position reports to the Director, Adult and Traditional Enrollment.
Appointment Period: Annual renewable 12-month appointment.
The CARE Center Specialist will triage student inquiries to ensure their overall needs are addressed through connections with the proper personnel. The Specialist will maintain high level of customer service via multiple means of communication including phone, text, and email. The Specialist will have a broad understanding of the Enrollment Management offices and other areas of the College. In addition, the Specialist will oversee specific processes related to enrollment including processing of student applications and data entry into the College’s Banner and CRM systems. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee CARE Center front desk operations including answering the CARE Center phone, monitoring incoming electronic requests, triaging requests, and forwarding incoming requests to the appropriate office or personnel
- Performs college application processing and other official processing duties
- Attends and takes minutes at all department meetings and other meetings as requested and schedules rooms, equipment, and personnel needed for department initiatives;
- Ensures the accuracy of information entered in databases and reports for which the individual is responsible;
- Accurately prepares purchase requisitions, travel requests, and other forms as requested;
- Maintains files and records in accordance with College and division guidelines;
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders as needed and maintains office equipment and facilitates the reporting of needed repairs;
- Assists in the oversight of student staff including the processing of paperwork/or employment, assisting with the coordination of the schedule, and collection and verification of all student staff member time sheets;
- Collects documents submitted by students for enrollment processes (admissions, financial aid, etc..), logs the collection of the documents, and ensure the documents are forwarded to the appropriate office;
- Attends all mandatory professional development and divisional meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Major Work Qualifications:
Associate’s degree in Office Administration or related field required. Two to four years working as an administrative assistant. Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and hold a value for ethical and compliant standards. Ability to answer and manage a multi-lined phone system. Also must be able to meet and deal politely and effectively with the general public, staff, faculty, and students; have knowledge of office practices and procedures, typing, operating PC based software applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet) as well as network operations (e-mail, downloading/uploading), writing business letters; ability to work within a professional environment; and have the ability to deal with a variety of variables in somewhat unfamiliar context. Position requires occasional evening or weekend hours outside of normal work hours. An appreciation for and understanding of a two-year college mission is expected. Experience with Ellucian Banner, various customer relationship management systems, or other database and data entry and management systems.
Commensurate with education and experience; plus full benefits package.
Submit materials electronically to the Office of Human Resources, Rhodes State College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least three (3) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete and submit a College employment application. Search will continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA EMPLOYER, M/F, V/D