Position Title: Sales Specialist, Practical Law
About the Position:
Support the sales efforts of the Practical Law Account Executive via prospecting, qualifying leads, supporting trials, demoing and being proficient in having value conversations with prospective Mid-sized customers.
Contribute to the meeting or exceeding of the monthly and annual sales quota of the assigned territory.
Establish trusted relationships with current and prospective customers.
Conduct effective and compelling product demonstrations.
Conduct face to face and over the phone appointments and product demonstrations with new customers.
Meet or exceed expected activity:
10 product demos/client meetings per week
Update Salesforce.com with accurate activity and sales opportunity detail on a daily basis
Collaborate with sales partners to determine best sales strategy for each prospective customer.
Prospect via phone, email and social media for new prospects on a daily basis.
* Strong Phone-Selling Abilities: Must be very comfortable selling over the phone as well as giving demonstrations via screen-sharing software.
* Value Based Selling Approach: demonstrate the value of Practical Law to prospective decision-makers through informed conversations focusing on features and benefits.
* Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
* Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers' business
* Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs
* Results Driven: Self-motivated, proactively looks for new sales opportunities and learns new products, meets all sales targets.
* Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
* Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
* Professional Communication Skills: effectively communicate verbally and written for a professional audience with a legal background
* Minimum 2 years sales experience, preferable in a consultative role such as software or professional services, business-to-business environment, with track record of exceeding quota.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Understanding of the legal market and legal industry as a whole preferred.
* Consulting experience, start-up experience or experience with CRM or contact management systems and other software technologies beneficial
* Ability to travel overnight 1-2 times per month.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Charleston-South Carolina-United States of America;Charlotte-North Carolina-United States of America;Cleveland-Ohio-United States of America
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.