The Thermoforming Packer is responsible for collecting, inspecting and packing finished products while checking product quality, reporting issues and assisting with resolving quality issues. This position is in a production environment with multiple shifts. Work clothing compulsory must be in accordance with BRC regulations, wearing a hair net is mandatory in accordance with hygiene instructions.
- Build and label the packing cartons.
- Report quality issues and request production halt if necessary.
- Transport pallets to the specified staging area using manual handling equipment.
- Support machine operator in the startup, setup and running of the machine when required.
- Support the warehouse receiving, shipping and inventory operations.
- Clean the work environment, such as disposal of rejects in the proper areas.
- Support other operational functions as required.
- High School degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience in warehouse operation.
- Familiar with British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and hygiene instructions.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Day Shift is $14 per hour
- Night Shift is $15 per hour
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect, and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work, and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
To Apply: Complete online application at https://gategroup.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gategroup_IndirectLabor/job/Lima-OH-USA/Thermoforming-Packer_R0033474